The Next Generation Water Summit always looks to provide innovative content, and 2019 is no exception. The final day of the Summit will feature a “Careers in Water” track aimed at students preparing to embark on their careers, as well as others who might be seeking a career change. The Summit will take place June 12-14 in Santa Fe, NM.
Mary Ann Dickinson will help kick off the day by participating in a panel discussing leadership roles in the water industry. “I’m thrilled to present once again at the Next Generation Water Summit,” exclaimed Dickinson. “This intimate event on sustainable water provides a great balance between deep-dive sessions and networking.”
Friday’s career track will also feature sessions on various facets of the water industry that are applicable to projects big and small, including water certifications, alternative water, irrigation and landscape. “We’re really excited to offer content that is relevant to today’s students, but we also hope they take the opportunity to network with some of the most prominent leaders in the industry,” said Doug Pushard, co-Chair, 2019 NGWS and co-founder of KUELWater.
Back by popular demand, the Summit will host one charrette for a limited number of attendees. It will take an in-depth look into the most effective and innovative water efficiency programs in the West. The Summit’s agenda also features renowned presenters, such as:
- Dr. Jonathan Overpeck, Nobel Prize-winning author
- Paula Kehoe, Director of Water Resources at San Francisco Public Utilities Commission
- Dr. Nirit Bernstein, Institute of Soil Water and Environmental Sciences from the Israeli Volcani Center
They are scheduled to present on a diverse range of topics, from forest restoration to commercial water sharing to water reuse in Israel.
The Summit is a unique water and water reuse event that will feature builders presenting on Net Zero Water Houses and Near Net Zero Water houses. These Southwestern builders will host a design workshop for builders, contractors, home owners or architects that need assistance in designing net zero water dwellings.
Prospective attendees will not want to delay registering for this outstanding event, as capacity is limited. Early bird registration is available now through March 15 at the special rate of $249, so people are encouraged to register now.
For more information on the Summit, please visit www.NextGenerationWaterSummit.com.
Hosts of the Next Generation Water Summit will be the Santa Fe Green Chamber of Commerce; Green Builder® Coalition; City of Santa Fe; the Alliance for Water Efficiency, KUELWater, and the Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association. Santa Fe Community College is the official education sponsor, and Green Builder® Media is the national media partner.
About the Next Generation Water Summit
The Next Generation Water Summit brings together the building and development community, water reuse professionals and water policymakers in a collaborative setting to share best practices and learn about innovative water conservation and water reuse techniques that can be used to comply with water conservation restrictions spreading across the southwest.
The UN’s World Meteorological Organization (WMO) recently issued a report that stressed the urgency of climate action with conviction, asserting that the “Earth’s climate is now changing faster than at any point in the history of modern civilization, primarily as a result of human activities.” Concentrations of key gasses that drive up global temperatures are at an all-time high, and the changing climate will unequivocally impact global financial stability and force the U.S. into uncharted territory.
Full-scale deployment of comprehensive solutions is imperative. To that end, Green Builder Media invites you to the Sustainability Symposium 2019: The Desert Shall Bloom on February 18, 2019 from 9:00am-5:30pm at the fabulous Artemus W. Ham Concert Hall on the UNLV campus. For anyone who wants to take part in the transition to a sustainable future, this is truly a can’t-miss event!
Brimming with vision and ingenuity, the Symposium’s agenda features global leaders including:
- Opening video remarks by Jeff Bridges, Academy-Award winning actor and climate activist (yes, “The Dude”!)
- General Wesley Clark (ret.), four-star general, former Army Chief of Staff, Presidential advisor, and fervent climate action advocate
- Bill Walton, NBA All-Star icon and passionate sustainability enthusiast
- Andrew Beebe, pioneering Venture Capitalist with Obvious Ventures working on robotics and automation solutions to address labor issues in the building industry
- Ron Jones, Founder/President Green Builder Media and industry provocateur
- Susan Kucera, award-winning Director, Cinematographer, and Producer of eco-films including “Living in the Future’s Past” (co-produced with Jeff Bridges)
- Gwen Migita, Chief Sustainability Officer, Caesars Entertainment
- Kim Shanahan, Former Executive Director, Santa Fe Area HBA and national water expert tackling our nation’s water challenges
Space is strictly limited and by reservation only, so reserve your seat today. General admission for the Sustainability Symposium is $350. For more information about the Sustainability Symposium 2019: The Desert Shall Bloom, contact Green Builder Media CEO Sara Gutterman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log on to our Facebook page and share your opinions.